YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD
On joining Historic Scotland, you will receive a membership pack containing your membership card(s), handbook and information on all your membership benefits.
When you join online your membership pack will be posted within 5 working days.
Your membership benefits
The membership card is your passport to the benefits available to Historic Scotland members. When you receive your membership card, simply sign your card to validate it.
Your membership card must be shown:
- On entry at staffed Historic Scotland properties.
- On entry at partnership sites.
- For your 20% retail discount, at the till before making any purchases.
- To receive 10% discount in our cafès at Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Fort George and Urquhart Castle.
- You may be asked to provide proof of identification for entrance.
Conditions of use
- If a valid membership card is not shown at point of purchase, for entry or retail/café discounts, you will be charged the full price which is non-refundable.
- For joint memberships, each adult member must show their card for entry and other benefits.
- For membership categories including children, each card admits one adult/concession plus up to 6 children aged 5 to 15 years.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Membership cards are non-transferable. Cards are only valid for the member named on the card.
- If you lose your card, contact us and we will send you a replacement.
- Please let us know if you change address so we can keep your membership record up to date.
Gain access to over 70 of Scotland's top heritage attractions
Makes a perfect present for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries or any special occasion ... Learn more
If you have any membership questions